Hi there! I'm Holly- Cozy Posie creator, mom to Andre, fiancee to Ralph and lover of family, friends, good food & wine - and have been known to enjoy a Netflix binge or two!
I didn’t think being a mom was in the cards for me.
After going through a divorce at age 36, I thought my chance to be a mom was over. I did the math! Even if I were to meet the love of my life tomorrow, we would still have to date, figure out if we were meant to be together-and then try to have a baby! And I knew that each passing year made the chances of getting pregnant harder...
But luckily, I did end up meeting the love of my life pretty quickly, and about 10 months after we moved in together, I found out I was pregnant! In July 2016, I gave birth to Andre and life has never been the same! I count my blessings every single day ❤️
As a new mom, there was so much for me to learn. Part of that learning was figuring out what items I needed, what I didn't, while not spending “all of the money” buying stuff!
But one thing I did need, and used daily, no matter the season, was something to keep Andre safely covered in his car seat, and something to cover me when I was nursing. And I only had 2 choices:
- Fitted car seat/nursing covers that kept my little guy completely covered! Hot, stuffy, with no visibility! No thanks!
- Muslin blankets that would blow off the stroller (or he would kick them off) Plus, they were tricky to use as a nursing cover.
I felt very uncomfortable keeping him all covered up when he was in the car seat, not being able to see him. When I was nursing, it was really hard to hold him while trying to see what I was doing, all while attempting to keep covered!
I knew that if I was feeling this way, there had to be other moms who felt the same!
Next thing I knew, I made a *very rough* prototype of what would eventually become the Cozy Posie nursing & car seat cover. I found a product designer who took my design and brought it to life in a way that was even better than I imagined!
My guiding light and reason for all the blood, sweat and (lots of!) tears that went into this product was to transform a staple item that moms used daily into something truly special.
Something that would bond moms (and dads) to their babies in the most instinctual and loving way: through the power of sight and touch.
Every one of our features accomplishes this.
- MESH PANEL for ventilation & 2-way visibility. And it makes latching so easy. And there is no better feeling than looking down at your baby and see them smiling back up at you...
- FRONT PANEL allows nursing on top-it works like a nursing bra. And is an easy way to touch & adjust your baby while in the car seat-without disturbing them!
- PONCHO arms prevents the cover from riding up when mom is nursing on top. A game changer!
WHY THE NAME COZY POSIE?
Cozy: This word just spoke to me, and of the feeling I wanted to bring to moms, dads, and babies. A feeling of safety, security, comfort and love.
Posie: We use bamboo fabric for our covers, so I wanted the name to evoke nature. Bonus points for rhyming!
I'm so happy you're here, and I can't wait to get to know you better!